Good morning everyone!
As we continue to navigate through these trying times, Americus First United Methodist Church continues to evaluate every week and make plans accordingly. We appreciate your understanding and prayers as we continue to search for God’s guidance in all aspects of the church life. We also appreciate each of you continuing to be the church where you are, and being willing to communicate with one another to make sure all are doing well.
As of July 14, 2020 our plans are as follows: (These are fluid plans and may change at any time as needed)
- Sunday morning worship service will continue to meet at 10:30 am on July 19 and July 26.
Sunday morning worship will be as follows beginning August 2:
- Traditional Worship will be at 11:00 am in Sanctuary. We will continue to maintain social distancing, monitor temperatures with touchless thermometers, encourage everyone to wear a mask, and use hand sanitizer.
- Contemporary Worship will resume on August 16 at 8:55 am. We will maintain social distancing, monitor temperatures with touchless thermometers, encourage everyone to wear a mask, and use hand sanitizer.
- Classes will resume on September 6 at 10:00 am. We will maintain social distancing, monitor temperatures with touchless thermometers, encourage everyone to wear a mask, and use hand sanitizer. We will be in our newly renovated space for all classes, including youth and children (probably through the end of the year, or until the renovations in the sanctuary building are completed)
- Continues at 8:55 and 11:00 am
Additional in-person functions:
- Wednesday Night Supper and on-campus Small groups will resume September 9, 2020 at 5:30 pm.
- Handbell practice will resume on Tuesday, September 29 at 6:00PM
- Choir practice will resume on Wednesday, September 30 at 7:00PM
We continue to pray for all, and encourage you to do whatever is necessary to stay healthy. At any time, if you are not feeling well, running a fever, or experiencing any symptoms, we encourage you to stay home and recuperate. If you attend worship, please help us focus on healthy worship and healthy spaces.
God bless you all!